Friday, April 16, 2010

Banana Nut Bread


Ok so I have pretty much tried every banana nut bread recipe out there but here is one that I have done a few times, it's a couple recipes put into one and I LOVE it! It stays moist for days (not that it lasts that long in our house) and my kids devour it so I know it's good :)


1 3/4 C. flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt (I do just a little less than that)

1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

1 C. & 2 Tablespoons white sugar

1/2 C. chopped pecans (I use walnuts too)

2 eggs

2 Tablespoons sour cream ( this is what makes it so moist)

1 C. mashed bananas (2 reg. sized bananas is what I use)

1/2 C. Vegetable oil

1 teaspoon vanilla

DIRECTIONS:
1.Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 8x4 in. loaf pans, or 3 mini loaf pans. Set aside.
2.Cream sugar and eggs together, add oil, vanilla, sour cream, until blended. Add bananas and mix until creamy.
3.Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and cinnamon. Add to wet ingredients until all creamy and delicious! Add nuts, but this is optional.
4.Bake for 45-55 minutes in regular loaf pans, about 25 minutes for mini loaf pans. Cool 10 minutes or so before removing from pans.

Enjoy!!

** Instead of greasing and flouring my loaf pans I grease and then do sugar and cinnamon! It makes it kinda crunchy on the outside and it's just that much better!!

** I also never sift my dry ingredients, I know I should but I never do and it turns out great.

No comments:

Post a Comment