Friday, May 7, 2010

Spring Chicken Salad




Ingredients
1/2 pound small red-skinned potatoes, CHopped & Add TONS of Salt
2 Handfulls chopped green onion
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
Freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 romaine hearts, torn
1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and meat shredded
(I just grilled up a few pieces of Chicken)
1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise sliced
4 radishes, cut into wedges (I did NOT add these)
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced (Or these I have a picky Hubby)

Directions
Place the potatoes in a small pot and cover with water. Season with salt, cover and boil until fork-tender, Drain and cool.

Meanwhile, pulse (I just put them in my kitchen aid & mixed it up) the chives, vinegar, yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to taste in a food processor. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and pulse to make a thick dressing.

Toss the romaine, potatoes, chicken, cucumber, radishes and bell pepper with the dressing in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.

I also added a chopped tomato..and I bought the allready cooked & chopped bacon and added that as well.It was SOO good.Even my parents loved it too!!

Recipe Courtesy Food Network Magazine! Photograph by Antonis Achilleos
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment