Monday, March 8, 2010

White Bread


White bread
2 packages active dry yeast
2 3/4 c luke warm water (I put warm water like I put in the babies bottles)
1/2 c nonfat DRY milk
2 TBL Sugar
1 TBL Salt
1/3 c Cooking Oil
7 to 7 1/2 c flour

You seriously HAVE to have a kitchen aid!I am borrowing my moms right now I am BEGGING my husband for one! Sprinkle yeast on the warm water, mix till yeast is desolved.Add dry milk, sugar, salt, oil & 3 cups of flour and have the mixter on LOW speed until smooth (about 3 minutes). Gradually add the remaing flour.Cover & set aside for 15 minutes.I keep my oven on at 300 while gettting the dough to rise, it helps it rise faster.Knead on a floured surface until smooth, just a few minutes.Divide dough in half and shape each of them into loaf shapes, with the folds on the bottom.grease pans, cover and let rise to about 1 hour to a 1 1/2 hour!
and then bake at 400 degrees for 20 -30 minutes until crust is golden brown.And let cool in pan for a few minutes and rub the bread down with butter and then take out of pan and let cool on rack. ENJOY!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment