Thursday, March 10, 2011

Neena's home made mexican Hamburger Helper

I'm not one for measuring things so you'll have to eyeball what looks like enough for your family.
Since being pregnant I've been craving Hamburger Helper but David would never let me get it because it's so high in sodium. At the grocery store I saw the box for the mexican flavored one and decided to make my own.

What you will need:
bow tie pasta
Hunts Diced tomatoes (I used 2 cans)
Pace Picante Sauce (I used half a bottle)
1 lb hamburger meat
Tortilla chips

I didn't add cheese to it but you can if you want.

Brown the meat in a skillet with a little bit of Olive Oil
cook the pasta like you normally would

put in a oven safe casserole dish the diced tomatoes, Pace and cooked hamburger meat
When the pasta is done throw that in there too

put in the oven for 20 minutes at 325
after 20 minutes add some crushed up tortilla chips and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! I so tried this last night and it turned out great :O)

    ReplyDelete