Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Teriyaki Chicken Pita Sandwhiches

When I get home from work I am exhausted! So anything I can make with minimal effort is the best. That's why I love my crock pot...he lets me take a nap while he does all the work. If only the laundry had the same affection for me.

Remember that I cook for only 2 so my portions are smaller. You'll need to add more to accommodate your family.

I use:
1 BIG chicken breast (boneless)
Teriyaki chicken glaze ( I like the one with a hint of pineapple)
crock pot
pita bread
1 cucumber
shredded lettuce


Throw the frozen chicken breast in the crock pot with half (or whole depending on how you like it) a bottle of the teriyaki glaze in there with it. Put it on high and walk away. Take a nap, fold some laundry, watch some Big Love....

in 3 hours the chicken will be done. Take the chicken out and cut into thin strips on a plate. Cut cucumber pieces as well.
Use the crock pot sauce and spoon some onto your pita bread. Place the chicken and cucumbers in the middle. Put some shredded lettuce on and wam bam thank you ma'am you're done!
1 pita is usually pretty filling so you're not making a ton of food.

I served some white rice on the side.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment