Thursday, February 5, 2009

Easy Buttermilk Syrup

Dear Darah,

I'm sorry that I left my soy milk in your fridge. You can use it in the place of milk for your cooking, and save yourself some real milk. When I was in college, my roommates wanted to make buttermilk syrup, but they didn't have buttermilk. Or regular milk. When they opened the fridge, all they could find was my soy milk. So they used it, and it turned out so good that it's all I use now.

Buttermilk Syrup

Melt 1 cube of butter (marj. works too)
Add 1/2 C. Soy Milk (regular milk works too)
And 1 Cup Sugar
Stir and bring to a boil.
Remove from heat.
Add 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
And 1 teaspoon vanilla.

Use a large pot because it foams.
Use with french toast, waffles, pancakes, scones, ect.

~Alicia

1 comment:

  1. I have had this, and it's amazing. I used some of your soy milk for cereal today and it was pretty dang good! Sorry you spent the money on it, and then left it.

    ReplyDelete