Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sunmaid Raisin Granola

*Mom's recipe in her own words
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 tsp salt
1 cup shredded cocnut
1 can (14 ounces ) sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup oil
1 1/2 cup chopped nuts*
1 1/2 cup raisins (dried cranberries are GOOD)


Combine oats, coconut, wheat germ, nuts and salt in a large bowl. Stir in condensed milk; add oil and mix thoroughly. Spread mixture into foil-lined 13 x 9 inch baking pan. Bake in 300 F oven, stirring occasionally about 1 hour or until golden. Remove from oven and stir in raisins while still warm. Store in a tightly covered container. Makes about 8 cups.



* I use 1/2 cup of almonds, 1/2 cup of cashews and 1/2 cup of pecans or walnuts. If it's for my family to use for cereal, I chop the nuts - but if it's for trail mix for my cowboy type guys, I don't chop the nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment