Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Potato- Cheese Soup

Recipe:
2 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes (2 cups) I used like 12 small red potatoes UN peeled.
2 cups of water ( I just covered the potatoes)
1/2 chopped carrot
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tea.chicken bouillon granules (I used 3)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 flour
1 pint of half & half
Salt & pepper
2 ounces Swiss cheese shredded
2 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese shredded (I put a ton more cheese in too):)

Cook all veggies in water & and bouillon cubes until tender. Melt butter in pan and add flour.add half & half to thicken it. Stir in cheese until melted and add to cooked vegetables.Do not boil.(Serves 8)

I threw in some Roads Rolls with this to, it was perfect, it was also even better for left overs!!

1 comment:

  1. This soup was DELICIOUS! I think I will make it again this week, it's kinda rainy here

    ReplyDelete