Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Cobbler

You've probably heard of this recipe, but if you haven't you need to. It's simple and delicious. You can use any fruit you like; I grab a few cans of pie filling from the store when I don't have canned peaches on hand. Last night, I had canned peaches on hand.

1 Yellow Cake Mix
2 Cans Pie Filling
1 Cube of butter or Marj.

Dump pie filling into a 9x13 pan, spread evenly. Evenly spread dry cake mix on top of fruit. Coarsely chop butter and drop over dry cake mix until it looks something like this:

Bake it at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
After making your house smell amazing, your cobbler will come out looking something like this:

Make sure you don't put a fork next to it. You'll be sorry. I know I am.

Tips:
*Do not drain the pie filling. You'll hate yourself for seventy times seven years.
*This recipe can be chopped in half and made in a 9x9 using only one can of pie filling, but don't use half of a cake mix. You'll want to slit your wrists and do a hand stand in salt water. Dump the whole bag on there. Don't be shy.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds amazing! Mmm... I think I need some... I mean, I think the baby wants some. That makes it okay, right? ☺

    ReplyDelete