Saturday, January 17, 2009

Valentine's Day Cookies

I love the idea of posting our menus! And I will just as soon as I find it. But I have to warn you... our menu is drab. Nursing Mom can't have dairy, broccoli, or onions (potatoes, anyone?). In the meantime, here's a little something to help you prepare for one of my favorite holidays.

1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
1 Cube of Marg/Butter
2 Eggs
1/2 Pkg. of White Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter in a large saucepan over med/high heat. Turn heat off. Add cake mix. Stir. Add eggs one at a time. Mix. Let cool (the dough will be very soft, but it will become more manageable as it cools). Let cool completely before adding chips (otherwise they melt. But even that can look kind of cool, I guess).

Drop in spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Be careful not to over bake! These are soo chewy and soft.

3 comments:

  1. MMM.. That sound so good. I'm gonna have to try and make these. Maybe for young womens or something

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUESTION:? Do you use any type of frosting to put on top?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I don't. They taste like Chocolate Chip Cookies. Only red in color. And white chocolate instead of dark/milk/semi-sweet chocolate.

    ReplyDelete